jztool.js is a web-based installer for Rockbox which supports
players based on the Ingenic X1000 SoC.
For more information about installing Rockbox on your player, see the Rockbox wiki.
Select your player model.
- Download the latest version of the bootloader.
Save the bootloader to a microSD card and insert the card into your player.
Note: The SD card must be formatted as FAT32. Other filesystems such as exFAT are unsupported.
Connect your player to your computer in USB boot mode:
- Make sure your player is fully powered off.
- Connect a USB cable to your player -- but don't plug it into your computer yet.
- Hold the USB boot button while plugging the other end of the cable into your computer.
- Release the USB boot button.
- Load the bootloader to your player. After clicking the button below, select the player from the popup box displayed by your browser. If your player doesn't appear, go back to the previous step and reconnect your player to the computer.
- The Rockbox recovery menu should now be displayed on your player's screen. If not, check the log below for error messages.
Before flashing the bootloader, you should select Backup from
[Bootloader]menu to save a backup of your original bootloader to the SD card. You can use the backup to restore the original bootloader using the Restore option.
To flash the bootloader to your player, select Install or update
- After flashing the bootloader successfully, you can complete the installation by downloading a Rockbox development build and extracting the zip file to the root of your player's SD card. You can use the USB Mode option in the recovery menu to access the SD card using your player.